These are the rules of our business – please review carefully.
Deposits: A deposit equal to one night’s stay is required and will be credited towards the balance of the reservation.
Multi-Room or Group Deposit: In the case of a multiple room or group reservation, a deposit of one night for each room will be charged.
Payment: Upon your arrival date, you are responsible for and will be charged the remaining balance, if any, of all reserved nights and rooms.
We accept Visa, MC, Discover, AmEx, Venmo, cash and personal checks with ID.
Minimum Stay: During peak Summer season there is a 7-night minimum stay required, however, this minimum stay is reduced if 7 nights are not available.
Shoulder seasons require a 2-night minimum stay, and holiday weekends require 3 nights.
Off season has no minimum stay required.
The Channel Lane Inn welcomes quiet & non-aggressive pets, but the following conditions apply:
- We cannot accommodate pets during our peak season months of July and August.
- One-time additional $25 cleaning fee per stay.
- Maximum of 2 pets per room.
- Pets cannot be left unattended in guest rooms, unless in a crate and with the assurance that they will not disrupt other guests with barking and other loud sounds.
- Please do not encourage your pets to be on the beds & furniture.
- Dogs must be leashed while on motel property.
- Guests are required to clean up after their pets.
Your pets and you are ambassadors for all pets that visit here in the future. Travel courteously and responsibly, and we will continue to welcome your pets.
Smoking: Channel Lane Inn is a smoke-free property. All guest rooms are non-smoking. Smoking, burning or vaporizing any substance including marijuana in a room is prohibited and will result in a $250 charge to the cardholder. If you are traveling with marijuana please store it in your vehicle to prevent odor in your room which will result in a $250 fine. Smoking is permitted in the outdoor common areas & we ask guests to be considerate of other guests & to properly dispose of cigarette butts.
Parking: Parking space is limited. Please park in the numbered space that corresponds with your room number. Let us know if you have a second vehicle and we can recommend parking options.
Damages & Missing Items: will be the responsibility of the cardholder at full replacement cost plus lost revenue, if any. Guest and/or cardholder will be expected to compensate the Channel Lane Inn for reasonable labor and material costs necessary to bring the room and contents to a normal operating level.
Quiet Hours: We are located in a residential neighborhood and have a reputation of being a good neighbor. Please respectfully observe quiet hours from 10:30pm – 8:00am.
Daily maid service and linen change is not provided. However, please let us know if there is a cleaning need that requires immediate attention.
Note: A housekeeping fee is not added to your reservation cost because the expectation is that guests will leave with only routine cleaning required. Please wash your dishes, sweep the floor, and empty your trash and recycling before checking out.
Towels: In an effort to conserve energy, we ask that you consider hanging wet towels for reuse later. A drying rack is located in your closet. To receive fresh towels, place used ones in the basket located in the closet and set the basket outside your door to be exchanged for clean ones between 11:00AM and 12:00PM.
Please note that the motel doesn’t have regular office staffing. My residence is upstairs so if I’m not in the office please ring the bell so I know you’re here. If I’m off-site I will leave a message on the door with my expected return time. However, this will not affect your ability to check-in. Look for a text from me with the keycode to your room. This text will also serve as notification in the event that your room is ready earlier than 3pm. Additionally, if you’d prefer a contactless check-in, this text will allow you to enter your room without having to stop by the office. Don’t text? Let me know & I can call you with the keycode info.
If you request an early check-in or late check-out we will do our best to accommodate your request, however, it’s not always possible to do so.
Recycling: Containers are located beneath the sink and can be emptied in a larger dumpster in the back yard beside the garage. The village provides curbside recycling pick-up.
- Cans cleaned with labels removed
- Plastic cleaned with #1-7 symbol
- Newspapers and Magazines
Pizza boxes, paper plates, paper towels, and items with food remnants still on them.
- All guest rooms are on the ground floor.
- Each room has a private entrance, easily accessible from dedicated, level parking spaces.
- Inner and outer doorways are standard size and may not easily accommodate all wheelchairs.
- Rooms are level and barrier-free, apart from furniture – there are no stairs or elevated portions.
- Room flooring is hardwood with slightly raised rugs in the living area.
- Showers are walk-in, with a 6-in rise at the entrance. The 1-Bedroom Cottage shower has grab bars, but the other room showers do not.
Cancellations & Refunds
- For cancellations more than 10 days prior to arrival we will refund your deposit minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- For cancellation of all or part of your reservation less than 10 days prior to arrival your deposit will be held as a cancellation fee.
- Cancellation on the day of arrival or no-shows will be charged the entire reservation amount.
- There is no refund for early departure.
- Channel Lane Inn takes your room(s) off the market once you book and does not double book reservations, therefore, we are not responsible for guests unable to arrive or guests having to depart early for any reason.
- We accept one-night stays only on a prepaid non-refundable basis and may not be changed for any other date.
- Exception is made for cancellation of winter reservations (December, January, February) when 24 hour notice of cancellation due to weather is accepted.
- Reservations are non-transferable.
- Trip Insurance is advisable. We understand that life has a way of interrupting plans. Use this to protect your vacation investment against unforeseen cancellation, or changes due to a variety of maladies or emergencies, which might include illness, acts of God, etc.
We are a small family business and any cancellation affects us greatly. Thank you for understanding.